Intrax WEST Program
WEST: Work-English-Study-Travel in the U.S.
The Intrax WEST Program is an 18-month English development, professional training and independent travel program exclusively for South Korean students chosen by the South Korean government. Our program is designed to maximize your learning and enhance your future career opportunities. Study English for 5 months at one of our accredited Intrax English language centers located in San Francisco, San Diego or Chicago. You will then be placed in a professional internship for up to 12 months at a U.S. company or organization. Spend the remaining month traveling the U.S. if you choose.
By choosing Intrax as your sponsor for the WEST Program, you’ll benefit from:
- Our Guarantees: A Fast Track to Speaking English Confidently, Interaction with Americans, Access to an American Workplace & Proof of Learning
- Class selection, flexible schedules and focus classes matching your English instruction to your skill level; your internship reflects your interests and your overall experience advances your career goals
- All-new English and Professional Skills curricula focused on developing practical business language skills
- A smooth transition between your English classes and your Internship placement because Intrax operates both the English school and the internship placement
- Activities that provide access to the professional community
An Education for Success
As a WEST participant, you’ll spend the first 5 months of the program learning, building and fine tuning your English skills at one of our Intrax schools, located in the heart of San Francisco, San Diego or Chicago. Our curriculum is comprehensive, so that you build both the English and basic business skills needed to succeed in the workplace.
You’ll participate in the WEST Academic Program, which gives you the freedom to select your courses and the flexibility to change programs as your needs, interests and goals change. In addition to our core English Language and Internship Preparation classes, you can choose from the following courses during your program:
- TOEFL/iBT Exam Preparation Classes
- Professional Certificate in Business & Management
- Professional Certificate in Marketing & Advertising
- Professional Certificate in Career Management
In addition to taking the Career Preparation class, you’ll attend Friday Workshops, where you’ll further refine your internship goals and your professional resume. Our trained Internship Advisers will meet with you to provide individual career counseling and help you prepare for your internship placement. Intrax will hold job fairs at each of our Intrax locations for you to meet and interview with potential employers. At the end of your 5 month program at our Intrax school, you’ll be equipped with business and social English skills that will help you thrive at your internship.
International Work Experience
Following your academic training, you will gain invaluable practical training through a professional level internship. Internships may be paid or unpaid, depending on the company, and will be offered in fields such as:
- Information Media and Communications
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance
- Public Administration and Law
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics and Industrial Occupations
- Hospitality and Tourism
WEST Program Includes
- 5 months in our WEST Academic Program at one of our Intrax English centers
- Internship opportunities with respected American companies in a variety of industries
- Interview coordination with the host company
- Personalized internship plan
- DS-2019 form (Certificate of Eligibility)
- On-going support while on program
- Download WEST Handbook
- Download the Application Form
- Download the Travel & Housing Form
- West Program Info
- View Eligibility & Fees
Intrax has longstanding relationships with companies across the U.S. and will work with Korean American businesses to develop internship opportunities for WEST participants.